Translate to your language of choice

Wednesday 20 February 2013

A Breath of Fresh Air: Bridget Chigbufue



Young, beautiful, talented, humble, and female – these qualities rarely mix together, and when you discover someone like Bridget Chigbufue that has such fine qualities, all you can do is give her the attention she deserves for greatness beckons on her.
The first time I came across her was online when the Next Movie Star Reality Show had just released the names and pictures of those shortlisted for the last edition of the show. She looked untouchable in her pictures. She was looking like a star already, and I’d dismissed her to be cocky just by the glamour of her pictures.
‘This one is gonna give them a hard time in that house’

That was my summation but how wrong my thoughts turned out to be when we eventually came face to face.
It had started with a very polite email I had received from her based on recommendations by some of our mutual friends. We had fixed appointment twice and I had cancelled at the eleventh hour yet she was very understanding.

Finally, I had to make out time from my busy schedule to meet her anywhere in the world (I mean anywhere in Lagos) as I was really impressed with her attitude. Guess where our first meeting was? At an audition venue. My respect for her grew that moment.
For a beautiful talented girl who is occupying the same second position our dear Tonto Dikeh held in the same competition that shot her to fame, and not seeing herself as ‘someone that has arrived’, still attending auditions to prove that she is more than just a pretty face instead of using the back door like some would then she deserves a commendation.
We got talking as she shared her dreams and passion about her career as an actress and her determination to be a great act, I was convinced that in no distant time will this girl rise to the position she has dreamt for herself.
As I took my leave she handed me a CD of a Christian movie she had starred in, directed and produced by Lancelot Imasuen, before the reality competition to access her skills. When she chatted me later to know my assessment about her performance in it and I told her it was a good one, she replied that she doesn’t want to settle for ‘good’ in the industry and wants people to always remember her for a ‘great’ performance.
That instant my admiration and respect multiplied for this damsel who more than anything wants her talents, rather than her pretty face, to speak for her always. Indeed, greatness beckons on Bridget.
Watch out for her as several of her works will soon be out.
You can follow her on twitter: @Cmorls

Powered by:


3 comments:

  1. Go go go Bridge, shoot for the stars, the sky is but a starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thot same whn I saw her pics online for the next movie star,
    Ths sky is her starting point.

    ReplyDelete